Summer Success Series
This program is for you if you want to:
- Prepare for your journey to campus
- Connect with other KU students like you
- Learn about campus and community resources
Summer Success Program: Student and Parent Sessions
This is a virtual experience that takes place over the summer. There are a total of five student sessions and two parent information sessions. Students who attend three out of the five student sessions will be entered in a drawing for KU swag when they arrive on campus.
Student Sessions will be from 3-4PM over Zoom:
- June 15: What do I pack?
- June 22: Let’s Talk about Money
- July 13: Building your Campus Community
- July 20: Connecting to Resources
- July 27: Set up for Success
Parent Sessions will be from 12-1PM over Zoom:
- June 29
- August 3
Recordings and Resources
Let's Talk about Money Presentation
Parent Session Presentation
What Do I Pack Presentation
Building Your Campus Community Presentation
Connecting to Resources Presentation
Set up for Success Presentation
Session-What To Pack?
Summer Success Series is free and available to incoming University of Kansas students that meet one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college students.
- This means that none of a student’s parents or guardians received a bachelor’s degree.
- Students of Color
- Students who identify as an underrepresented racial or ethnic minority.
- Low income/working class
- A student whose family meets the federal guidelines for low-income status.
- Participants in one of the following programs
- CAMP, Emerging Scholars, Hixson Scholars, Hawk Link, KC Scholars, KUEST ONE, Multicultural Scholars Program, Hispanic Development Fund Scholars, Larson Scholars, or TRIO SES/STEM.
Links to attend virtual sessions via Zoom will be sent to all registered participants.